- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Potensac Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Potensac is composed of 44% Merlot, 33% Cabernet Sauvignon, 1% Petit Verdot and 22% Cabernet Franc, weighing in with an alcohol of 14.05%, a pH of 3.63 and an IPT (tannins index) of 76. The Cabernet Sauvignon was harvested on the 29th and 30th of September, the Merlot from the 14th to the 26th of September, the Petit Verdot on the 29th of September and the Cabernet Franc on the 28th of September. With a medium to deep garnet-purple color, it offers up eager-to-please notes of fresh Bing cherries, redcurrants and black raspberries, plus hints of dried Provence herbs, dusty soil, wild mushrooms and tobacco leaf. The medium-bodied palate has a good concentration of red and black fruits with a chewy texture and just enough freshness, finishing earthy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Potensac was picked September 14–30 and matured in 20% new oak. It has a clean, pure black currant and blueberry nose, a little more opulent than usual, but well defined and demonstrating a bit more fruité, which it has occasionally lacked in some vintages. The palate is medium-bodied with crisp acidity, and quite saline on the entry, with touches of black olive infusing the black fruit. A midweight with a lively, classically fashioned finish, this is a very commendable Potensac that should give 12–15 years of pleasure, but warrants 3–4 years in a cool, damp cellar.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is very balanced and round with lovely softness. Plenty of fruity. Medium body. Lots of salinity and savoriness. Long and delicious. Friendly already. 44% merlot, 33% cabernet sauvignon, 22% cabernet franc and 1% petit verdot.
Dark in color, the wine opens with persuasive notes of cedar, creme de cassis, tobacco and forest leaf in the perfume. Full-bodied, ripe, rich and packed with crisp, juicy currants, the wine finishes with a big mouthful of firm, chewy blackberries, currants and a refreshing sprig of mint on the backend.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.