- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Pedesclaux Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep purple-black colored, the 2020 Pedesclaux charges out of the gate with energetic notes of crushed blackberries, black raspberries and ripe blackcurrants, followed by suggestions of menthol, aniseed, violets and cedar chest. The medium-bodied palate quivers with vibrant, crunchy black and red berries layers, framed by firm, ripe tannins and fantastic freshness, finishing long and deliciously savory.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Pédesclaux clearly possesses more complexity and terroir expression than the Deuxième Vin, featuring pressed iris and violet intermixed with blackberry and blueberry scents. There is an underlying mineralité/crushed rock note in the background that lends tension. The palate is medium-bodied with fine-grained tannins. Saline and marine influenced, this is more sapid than maybe the previous two vintages, though it would benefit from a little more elegance and precision on the finish. But overall, this is a fine Pauillac.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is very chewy with dusty tannins and blackberry and blueberry character. Some chocolate, too. Full and layered. Such beautiful violet and black-cherry quality at the end with some raspberries, 56% cabernet sauvignon. 34% merlot, 5% cabernet franc and 5% petit verdot. First year with organic farming. A nice step-up in quality.
I loved the 2020 Château Pédesclaux, which shows the fresher, more focused, vibrant style of the vintage while still bringing good depth of fruit and texture. Cassis, blueberries, violets, tobacco, and chocolate notes all emerge from the glass, and this beauty is medium to full-bodied, with a pure, focused mouthfeel, ripe tannins, and a great finish. It's not massive, and I'd like more breadth, yet its purity and precision are terrific.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.