- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Latour Martillac Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Latour-Martillac offers an enticing bouquet of black fruit infused with black olive, background citric scents lending a bit of zest. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins, well-integrated oak and impressive depth. This is a very assured and confident Latour-Martillac that continues their strong run of form. Perhaps one of the dark horses of the appellation in 2020, this should be on your primeur shopping list.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This really builds on the palate with blackberry, blueberry and stone aromas and flavors. Medium to full body. Creamy finish.
The deep inky colored 2020 Château Latour-Martillac is another classic Graves from this vintage with loads to love. Lots of red, blue, and black fruits, notes of flowers, chocolate, and gravelly earth, medium to full-bodied richness, impeccable balance, and silky tannins all make for an outstanding, undeniably impressive 2020 that shines more for its elegance and purity than outright power and richness. It will benefit from 3-5 years of bottle age and cruise for two decades.
Chocolate, liquorice, some bitter points that accompany the fruit from beginning to end, this is one of the best in terms of focus and precision. There is clearly excellent colour extraction, you get real glass-staining purple, but the flavours are more austere and tannic than the colour might suggest. Well chosen coffee and chocolate expression that remains elegant and pointed. Good stuff, needs time, but will grow into a classic elegant wine. A yield of 38hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.