- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Langoa Barton Pre-Arrival Offer
Sporting a deep purple-black color, the 2020 Langoa Barton needs a little swirling to unlock youthfully muted scents of warm cassis, black cherry preserves and boysenberries, plus hints of menthol, graphite, tilled soil and bouquet garni. The medium-bodied palate is delicately played with impressive freshness delivered by the red berry and herbal sparks within a black-fruit core, with grainy tannins to support, finishing long and invigorating.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Langoa Barton has a really gorgeous, very pure bouquet of crushed violets infusing black cherry, blueberry and black plummy scents. The new oak seems a little more pronounced compared to recent vintages and yet it is in sync with the fruit. The palate is medium-bodied with succulent ripe tannins that disguise the structure underneath, the counterbalancing acidity line keeping everything focused and fresh. This is quite an audacious Langoa, and you what? It pulls it off.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Very pretty blackberry and blueberry character with blackcurrants and mint. It’s medium-to full-bodied with linear, tight tannins that are polished and fine.
Loads of red and black currants, lead pencil shavings, tobacco, and dried flower notes emerge from the 2020 Château Langoa Barton, a gorgeous looking 2020 offering medium to full-bodied richness, ripe tannins, and a great finish. It has the concentrated, backward vibe of the vintage yet brings remarkable opulence and texture. It's impressive.
Spicy, sweet, fresh, vibrant aromas of currants, cedar, cigar box, herbs and spice meld perfectly with the powerful, ripe, long, waves of red fruits. Here you find, bite, and crispness to the fruit, a full-body with grainy tannins needing time to expand and soften. The finish, with its tobacco, red currant, cranberry and spice keeps on going. Give this a decade and it should really start to shine.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.