- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Labegorce Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Labégorce, tasted at the château, showed a little more sensuality and cohesion on the palate compared to the sample sent to the UK. Here, I adore the cashmere texture, very pure with black cherry and blueberry fruit, fresh and saline towards the finish that fans out confidently. This is quintessential Margaux, a really disarmingly gorgeous Labégorce that should give 20-25 years' pleasure.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A tight, compact Labégorce with blackcurrant, walnut and some graphite. It’s medium-to full-bodied with a solid core of tannins and fruit. Some lead pencil. Very structured for this estate.
I continue to love the wines from this estate in Margaux, and the 2020 Château Labegorce is no exception. Rock star crème de cassis, graphite, roasted herbs, iron, and loamy earth nuances all define the bouquet, and it hits the palate with medium to full-bodied richness, a relatively soft, plush, forward style, good mid-palate density, and wonderful purity of fruit. It’s going to benefit from 3-5 years of bottle age and drink nicely for 15-20 years. It should be a terrific value as well.
Deeply colored, the wine pops with cigar box, truffle, cedar, currants, licorice and spice on the nose. Full-bodied, rich, lush, intense, long and energetic, the round, attention seeking finish lingers with its layers of ripe, fresh, showy, blackberries and chocolate notes. Today, it is hard to find a better wine for the money in the ever-increasingly expensive Margaux appellation. Give it 5-7 years in the cellar and enjoy it over the following two decades.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.