- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau La Tour de Mons Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 La Tour de Mons was picked from 17 September to 1 October and aged in 25% new oak. It has a perfumed nose with a mixture of red and black fruit, cedar and pressed iris flower, not intense but nicely delineated. The palate is medium-bodied with ripe and pliant tannins, well judged acidity, harmonious with very impressive oak integration towards the finish. This is a delightful Margaux that should drink well for 15-20 years. One to look out for.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Really pretty and linear with a seamless, pretty core of blue fruit and firm, chewy tannins. Medium to full body. Racy and well done.
A majority Merlot in the blend, this feels unforced, with sappy brambled fruits and plenty of hawthorn edging giving fresh acidities. Grilled and bitter tannins on the finish but there is sinew and interest here, and it's a good wine, pretty serious with an attractive edge of smoked cedar. Bought by the team at Marquis d'Alesme in February 2020, this is the first year that they have followed entirely from beginning to end (with the decision taken to keep distinct from Labegorce, as was a question on their purchase, and a full 17ha of vines were pulled up out of 60ha in total, to be replanted over the next 10 years). First time hand harvesting (especially complicated with Covid-19 protocols). 3% Petit Verdot completes the blend. 3.6pH, 25% new oak. A yield of 32hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.