- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Durfort-Vivens Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Durfort-Vivens is an exotic, full-throttle wine. Heat and lack of rain between May and August yielded small berries with naturally concentrated juice. That comes through in the wine's ripe, luscious personality. Yields were 32 hectoliters per hectare, lower than normal. Small berries yielded a Durfort of tremendous richness. I imagine the 2020 will need quite a bit of time in bottle to be at its best. Today, it is quite the powerhouse. The 2020 is aging 67% new oak and 33% terracotta vats.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
What really impresses here is the tannin framework, which displays refinement and power at the same time. It’s full, yet very polished, racy and long. Loads of blackberries and walnuts with crushed grapes. 88% cabernet sauvignon and 12% merlot.
This has some pretty big tannins, sinewy and muscular, with the floral side of Cabernet on full display. Majors on savoury fruits, tobacco leaf and rosemary spices. A wine that shows a classically balanced Margaux, not an exuberant one. Takes its time, and as it opens up a sweeter raspberry puree appears showing texture and depth with slate minerality on the finish. This is serious and a little closed right now. 30% aged in amphoras (jarres) and 70% in new oak for 18 months ageing.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.