- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Dauzac Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Dauzac has a harmonious black cherry, boysenberry and cedar bouquet, touches of iodine and violets emerging with aeration; this nose has a lot of panache. The palate is medium-bodied and quit dense, offering supple tannins, a fine bead of acidity and superb mineralité and breeding on the finish, which is almost pixelated in style. This is an outstanding Margaux from the Dauzac team, one that punches above its weight.
Neal Martin - Vinous
A full-bodied red with ripe-berry, chocolate and walnut character. Soft, integrated tannins and a flavorful finish. I like the way that the tannins fold beautifully into the wine, so that you hardly sense them.
Lots of earthy red and black fruits, cedarwood, flowers, and chocolaty oak define the nose of the 2020 Château Dauzac. Medium to full-bodied on the palate, it has ripe, polished tannins, plenty of mid-palate depth, and a beautiful texture. This is a quintessential, elegant, already complex Margaux that should drink nicely right out of the gate yet evolve for 15+ years.
An attractive welcoming nose, plenty of bright perky fruits with floral peony and rose aromatics. Still clear austerity in the tannins but wrapped up with balance, classicism and elegance. Feel some bounce through the tannins here, with the emphasis on a cool blue rather than ripe black side of the fruit. A yield of 47hl/ha. Ageing for up to 16 months.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Full bottle 1,592 g and noticeably heavier than most. Cask sample with 'best before' date of end of April. Informative back label. Blend assembled December 2020. 72% Cabernet Sauvignon, 28% Merlot. 60% new oak. Vine age 35–40 years.
Black core with purplish rim. Rich, dark cassis and damson fruit overlaid with oak sweetness. Quite open on the nose. On the palate, the oak is more obvious, a little charry. Harmonious in its dark density. Long, cool, toasty finish. One for the long term.
Julia Harding MW - jancisrobinson.com
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.