- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Chasse Spleen Pre-Arrival Offer
A beautifully constructed young Bordeaux with blackberry, walnut, nutmeg, dried herb and bark. Full-bodied with round, creamy tannins and a flavorful finish.
Tight tannins, austerity through the mid palate. Bright fruit on the attack, and this is a well constructed wine with ambition. 2.5% Cabernet Franc completes the blend. A yield of 37.5 hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Full bottle 1,242 g. Cask sample taken 6 April. 49% Cabernet Sauvignon, 42% Merlot, 6.5% Petit Verdot, 2.5% Cabernet Franc.
Deep cherry red. Lovely mix of aromas: cassis, cassis leaf and a slightly sweeter damson, plus dark chocolate. Scented and open for an unfinished wine. Firm, chewy Moulis tannins but all in harmony with the fruit, and sufficient freshness to balance. A complete wine that certainly needs time.
Julia Harding MW - jancisrobinson.com
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.