- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Bellefont Belcier Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Bellefont Belcier displays a deep purple black color, opening with fragrant notions of chocolate-covered cherries, red roses and menthol, giving way to a core of stewed plums, blackberry pie and hoisin, with a waft of anise. The medium to full-bodied palate has a solid backbone of finely grained tannins and bold freshness supporting the intense, tightly wound black fruit and earthy layers, finishing long and spicy. The blend this year is 70% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon with an alcohol of 14.5% and a pH of 3.65. The wine is aging in French oak barriques, 30% new.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 Bellefont-Belcier is a dark, brooding beauty. Intense red-toned fruit graphite, leather, cedar and incense give the 2020 layers of aromatic dimension. More than anything else I am impressed by how well the potent tannins are integrated. Bellefont-Belcier is still a powerful wine, but not the behemoth of years past. Sweet floral notes and red toned fruit perk up the mineral-laced persistent finish. The 2020 is bit tight, but also super-promising.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
A very sophisticated, layered red with dark-plum, chocolate and walnut character. It’s full and flavorful with a cashmere-like texture. Flavorful at the end.
A rocking wine based on 70% Merlot, 25% Cabernet Franc, and the rest Cabernet Sauvignon, the 2020 Château Bellefont-Belcier sports a dense purple color as well as gorgeous black cherry and currant fruits, classic chalky Saint-Emilion minerality, violets, and camphor notes. A rich, medium to full-bodied Saint-Emilion, it's concentrated, with ripe tannins and a great finish. This ripe, sexy, yet still classic Saint-Emilion will benefit from 4-5 years of bottle age and have 20-25 years of longevity.
With a strong touch of minerality, the wine is elegant, fresh and refined with good intensity. The fruit is vibrant, lifted and precise. There is a refinement and purity in the sweet, red fruits. The finish is loaded with flowers, crushed rocks and stones providing you with length, complexity and freshness coupled with the ability to age and evolve. The wine was made from blending 60% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon and is aged in a combination of 30% foudres and 30% new, French oak.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.