- Nick's Import
2020 Chateau Beauregard Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Beauregard was picked from September 8 at 37hl/ha (winemaker Vincent Priou told me that having been organic for almost a decade, the vineyard is very stable in terms of yield). Matured in 45% new oak, it has a very pure and refined bouquet, one of the best that I have found on a Beauregard at this stage. The palate is medium-bodied with ripe tannins, a slightly grainy texture and a spicy undercurrent. Very cohesive and silky-smooth on the finish. This just might be the best Beauregard made to date. Bravo!
Neal Martin - Vinous
Very impressive purity of fruit with blackberry, black-olive, and earth character. Some black truffle, too. It’s full-bodied and very compact with firm, racy tannins. Goes on for a very long time. Could be better than the super 2016. From organically grown grapes. 70% merlot and 30% cabernet franc.
From another estate that’s been on the uptick lately, the 2020 Château Beauregard offers a beautiful perfume of jammy black and blue fruits as well as classic Pomerol floral and earthy mineral aromas and flavors. Fleshy, soft, up-front, yet concentrated, with a solid spine of tannins, this is another one of those Pomerols that delivers wonderful purity of fruit along with a rare mix of richness and elegance. It will drink well for 20-25 years.
Deep garnet in color, the wine quickly shows off its floral aromatics along with spice, licorice and black plums. Soft and silky, polished, fresh and elegant, the chocolate centric finish with all its ripe, dark red pit fruits tastes as good as it feels. Beauregard has really been upping their game the last couple of years.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.