- Nick's Import
2020 Blanc de Lynch Bages Pre-Arrival Offer
The 2020 Blanc de Lynch Bages is terrific. I am not always a fan of the Blanc, as I often find it too tropical, but the 2020 has more than enough verve and overall freshness to balance things out. I would prefer to drink it over the next handful of years.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Really fresh and vivid with sliced grapefruit, lemon, green apple and white peach. Apricot, too. Medium to full body with phenolic texture and a long, vivid finish. 70% sauvignon, 20% semillon and 10% muscadelle. Drink or hold.
Less of the citrus flavours of recent vintages and more apricot and nectarine stone fruits, taking its cue from Sémillon and Muscadelle. Relaxed and effortless while still maintaining both lift and tension, with a saline wet stone lick on the finish. I tasted the 2019 on the same day, as it had just been bottled, and the 2020 is less of a classic Lynch Bages Blanc, but still utterly delicious, with clear weight and impression through the mid palate. 3.35pH. 50% new oak for six months. Fermentation below 20°C. A yield of 40hl/ha.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.