- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Phelan Segur Pre-Arrival Offer
The complexity and depth is fantastic in this beautifully crafted, refined red. Such poise, finesse and length. Yet dense and very compacted. Love the texture precision. Goes on and on. Best ever?
Another impressive vintage at this estate, one that is regularly turning out wines to sit up and take notice of. A touch more austerity than was seen at this stage in the 2018, but the same level of intensity and concentration and just sheer confidence without trying too hard. Undertow of crushed granite and liquorice root, with real precision in the cassis fruits, and a wall of tannins that manage to be both present and unobtrusive. Great winemaking going on here. 56% new oak, 3.8pH, 1PT81. Could go higher when retasting in bottle. Tasted twice two weeks apart.
Jane Anson - Decanter
The nose grabs you with its cedar chest, forest floor, earth, herb, tobacco, spice, cigar box, and smoke aromas coupled with a load of just-picked blackberries. Round and smooth, with finesse, a big juicy blast of fruit and roasted coffee beans, this could be the best vintage of Phelan Segur yet. The wine blends 56% Cabernet Sauvignon, 42% Merlot and 2% Cabernet Franc, reaching 14.5 alcohol, with no sensation of heat or overripe sensations.
Jeff Leve - Wine Cellar Insider
The 2019 Phélan Ségur has a very composed bouquet with detailed blackberry and briary scents, a touch of melted tar and cracked black pepper coming through with aeration. The palate is very cohesive with fine tannins, gentle grip, quite saline in the mouth with impressive density and harmony towards the finish. Quintessentially Saint-Estèphe, this is a superb Phélan Ségur that should not be under-estimated. Tasted twice.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page