- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Lafaurie Peyraguey (375ml) Pre-Arrival Offer
Since new owners took over at Chateau Lafaurie-Peyraguey in 2014 it has undergone a complete renovation of the cellars and winemaking facilities, along with a decrease in yields to ensure only the best grapes go into their top label. Their renewed attention to detail is also evident in the new bottle design, introduced from the 2013 vintage and featuring a smart engraved logo. The 41 hectare vineyard is planted on clay over limestone soils, with a varietal mix of 93% Semillon, 6% Sauvignon Blanc and 1% Muscadelle.
Pale lemon-gold colored, the 2019 Lafaurie-Peyraguey drifts effortlessly out of the glass with graceful notes of tarte au citron, key lime pie, candied ginger and honeycomb plus hints of toasted almonds, orange blossom and wild fungi. Rich, spicy and oh-so-decadent in the mouth, the palate delivers lots of sweet, unctuous layers with a wonderful oiliness to the texture, finishing long with a refreshing lift.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
The 2019 Lafaurie-Peyraguey is an attractive dry white. Bright citrus peel, mint and white flowers add freshness and verve. On the palate, the 2019 is just a bit light and lacking in complexity. Even so, it is nicely done.
Antonito Galloni - Vinous
The 2018 Lafaurie-Peyraguey is beautifully lifted, precise and nuanced. Lightly honeyed notes run through a floral-infused, gracious Sauternes built on real sense of graciousness. As is typical of the year, Lafaurie-Peyraguey is a bit lighter than is often the case. Even so, it is one of the more complete and satisfying wines of the vintage.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is a refined, subtle Sauternes with dried lemons, peaches and hints of cooked apples. Some spices, too. Medium to full body and medium-sweet with a creamy-textured finish. Very refined.
The 2019 Château Lafaurie-Peyraguey is a honeyed, exotic effort that offers a rocking nose of mandarin orange, honeyed minerality, and exotic spices. This carries to a full-bodied Sauternes that has good acidity, a soft, upfront style, and a great finish.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.