- Nick's Import
2019 Chateau Fleur Cardinale Pre-Arrival Offer
Deep purple-black in color, the 2019 Fleur Cardinale exudes opulent scents of cinnamon stick, star anise, plum preserves and chocolate-covered cherries with a seducing undercurrent of lilacs, mulberries, allspice and black truffles. Medium to full-bodied, the palate is already tantalizingly delicious, revealing layer upon layer of black fruits, exotic spices and earthy sparks, finishing with great freshness and depth. This year's blend is 76% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 4% Cabernet Sauvignon.
Lisa Perotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
The 2019 Fleur Cardinale is ripe, bold and luscious, with striking depth and resonance. Inky dark fruit, graphite, lavender, spice, menthol and blueberry jam all race out of the glass. Even with all of its obvious intensity, the 2019 has terrific freshness and vibrancy. In 2019, the blend is 80% Merlot, 20% Cabernet Franc and 4% Cabernet Sauvignon. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2019 Fleur Cardinale has a very composed bouquet, perhaps more so than its sibling, Croix Cardinale. It offers black cherries, black olive and light cassis aromas, all nicely integrated with the oak. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit mixed with graphite and cedar, almost Left Bank like towards the structured finish. Excellent.
Neal Martin - Vinous
This is a wine that has a broad brush of tannins that give energy and subtle texture to the palate. Beautiful blue fruit and terracotta. Really fine-grained tannins. Beautiful, sweet fruit at the finish. One of the best I have had from here. Really want to drink it. 76% merlot, 20% cabernet franc and 4% cabernet sauvignon.
Stunning stuff, the 2019 Château Fleur Cardinale might be the finest vintage of this wine I've tasted. Deep purple-hued, with awesome notes of ripe red and black currants, tobacco, chocolate, and spring flowers, it hits the palate with full-bodied richness, a plush, seamless texture, polished tannins, and a great finish. This is a killer 2019 that shows the class, balance, and purity of the vintage while backing it up with depth and richness. Tasted twice.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.