Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2020 Domaine de L’Aurage Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Deep garnet-purple in color, the 2020 Domaine de l'Aurage charges out of the gate with rambunctious scents of baked black plums, stewed black cherries and blackberry pie, with underlying suggestions of tar, unsmoked cigars, crushed rocks and cardamom. The full-bodied palate is rich with generous black fruit layers and an achingly plush texture, supported by a refreshing backbone and finishing with great length and loads of exotic spice accents.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate (May 2021)
The 2020 L’Aurage, the Castillon Côtes de Bordeaux owned by the Mitjavile family, has a very attractive, ebullient bouquet of vibrant morello cherries, dark plums, blood orange and light vanilla-y scents, all very well integrated with the oak. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannins, a silky smooth texture, finely pitched acidity and good substance on the finish. It will require 2–3 years to absorb the new oak, but this could be Mitjavile’s dark horse of the vintage.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Polished and firm with fine tannins that provide form and beauty to this wine. Medium-bodied, creamy and attractive. Classy.
Powerful and concentrated with ripe and bright blue fruit, true to the Mitjavile style in that it is dense and serious but also with a sense of momentum driving everything through the palate. Plenty of limestone slate texture also, this is a brilliant wine and easy to recommend. This is a buy for the price also.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.