Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Chateau Barde-Haut Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2018 Barde-Haut is a final blend composed of 80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc. Deep garnet-purple in color, it sashays sensuously out of the glass with effortless baked blackberries, preserved plums and blueberry pie notes plus hints of incense, powdered cinnamon, cigar box and star anise. Full-bodied and packed with spicy black and blue fruits, it is beautifully textured with firm, velvety tannins and just enough background freshness, finishing very long and seductive.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
Very juicy, with lots of blackberry and black currant compote flavors. The ample toast has yet to be fully soaked up, with notes of licorice root and singed apple wood jutting out. A bit chewy on the finish. Slightly unbridled today, but if this rounds into form it will be a real winner.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
Gorgeous purity of fruit in this wine with depth and beauty. Full-bodied. It really grows on the palate with a hyper fine tannin texture.
The 2018 Barde-Haut is a rich, heady wine. Crème de cassis, blackberry jam, chocolate, leather and spice race out of the glass in this flamboyant, exotically ripe Saint-Émilion. There is no shortage of stuffing, but the wine needs time to come together. Specifically, the new oak needs to integrate more fully, but this is a barrel sample, and it is not uncommon to see wines at this stage showing this way. The more exotic side of the vintage is very much on display. The harvest ranged from September 29 to October 12, which is relatively drawn out by the estate's standards.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Deeply colored, the 2018 Château Barde-Haut gives up a powerful, yet elegant profile that carries beautiful black cherry, chocolate, liquid violets, and hints of minerality. It's medium to full-bodied, has beautiful mid-palate depth, integrated acidity, and thrilling tannin quality, which isn’t a given in the vintage. Opening up with time in the glass, it shows more and more minerality and freshness, and is flawlessly balanced. In short, it’s beautiful Saint-Émilion readers will love to have in their cellar.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.