Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Malartic Lagraviere Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Malartic-Lagraviere is a blend of 53% Cabernet Sauvignon, 40% Merlot, 4% Cabernet Franc and 3% Petit Verdot picked between 13-20 October at 46 hectoliters per hectare. It is matured in 80% new oak and the remainder one year old. It has a very composed and pure bouquet with blackberry, mint and just a touch of blueberry, the new oak neatly integrated and menthol developing with time. The palate is very well balanced with crisp acidity, fine structure and a keen line of acidity; this is a pixelated Pessac-Léognan that exudes style and panache. There is an effortless nature to this wine and it feels so persistent in the mouth that you cannot wait to take another sip. This is (another) impressive release from the bonny Bonnie family and do not be surprised if it eventually surpasses the outstanding 2015.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Ripe and pure, with a long, sleek feel to the cassis and warm cherry preserve flavors. Shows a snap of licorice at the end, as well as floral lift throughout.-J.M.
This is so linear and refined with compacted fruit and superb tannin texture. The length and beauty to this grab you immediately and make you pay attention. Wait and see.
A powerfully dense, impressive wine from a top-performing estate with a solid, foursquare structure. The crisp acidity so much in evidence in this vintage shines through all this richness. Keep the wine for at least 12 years.
The 2016 Malartic Lagravière is a stunningly beautiful wine. Rich, sumptuous and creamy, it captures all the intensity of the vintage while retaining considerable brightness, energy and lift. Propped up by lively acids, the flavors are remarkably vivid and delineated in this moving, exceptionally beautiful wine. Even with all of its density, the 2016 retains tons of freshness and energy. Ripe red stone fruits, graphite, smoke and cured meats add nuance throughout. Michel Rolland is the consultant. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.