Rieussec Pre-Arrival Offer
It's rare in Bordeaux to have three consecutive vintages of outstanding quality in the red wines, and even more exceptional to see a run of three vintages with outstanding sweet wines. The trio of 2015, 2016, and 2017 are superb years, each showing the depth, concentration, and complexity you only find in a great Sauternes vintage. On offer here is a selection of Chateau Rieussec (375ml) from each of these great years.
Being owned by Domaines Barons de Rothschild (of Lafite fame) has been a boon for Chateau Rieussec. Since taking over the property in 1984, the planted vineyard area has increased from nearly 40 hectares to roughly 90 hectares today. Investment has also been made in the cellars, and the winemaking team are now better placed to work with the multiple small lots stemming from various parcels and picking runs through the vineyard. The vineyard is planted to 90% Semillon, 7% Sauvignon Blanc, and 3% Muscadelle, and the wines are aged in roughly 50% new French oak.
Stock is due to arrive March 2021.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 375ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Payment in full is required at time of order to secure these wines at the pre-arrival pricing.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in March 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.