2014 Domaine Remi JobardRemi Jobard is widely considered one of the rising stars of Burgundy, and the Domaine can count amongst their impressive land holdings some prime plots in Meursault 1er Cru vineyards Genevrieres, Poruzots and Charmes. Certified organic since 2011, the family own and run eight hectares of vines spread throughout Monthelie and Meursault. The wines can be considered modern by Burgundy standards, being clean and pure with fantastic richness and complexity. Soon to arrive are the 2014 wines, an outstanding year for White Burgundy. In speaking with Allen Meadows from Burghound, Remi Jobard described his 2014s as "rich but balanced wines that have really improved during the course of their elevage." He added "I particularly like how refreshing they are as there is bright but not drying acidity that enables them to be at once rich but inviting. I only wish I had more of them as the June hail storm cost me a lot of yield, in fact my average volume was only 20 to 23 hl/ha. One minor modification to my usual approach is that I did a bit less lees stirring as I felt the wines would be rich enough without it."
On offer are the Meursault 1er Cru and lieu-dit wines, along with one of the Burgundy bargains in their Bourgogne Blanc Vignes Nouvelles, resembling a baby Meursault yet at a fraction of the price. As the wines are about to arrive, this pre-arrival offer is only valid for two weeks at these prices. Stocks are limited.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in March 2017.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.