2019 Bordeaux Pre-Arrival
What a time to be releasing Bordeaux futures! And it's not just the current COVID-19 upheaval, the major markets for Bordeaux have perhaps greater challenges with continued unrest in Hong Kong, Brexit in the UK, and additional tariffs for imported wine in the US. However, initial reports and offerings show the Bordelais may just get this campaign right with pricing. Couple this with the outstanding quality of the vintage and this is shaping up as the year to buy.
"the wines I have tasted so far from 2019 seem good to excellent and comparable in quality to 2018, 2016 and 2015 – all excellent vintages." - James Suckling
And 2019 is certainly another excellent year in Bordeaux. Not only is quality uniform and homogenous, the wines are classic in style with bright fruit and well balanced acidity and tannins. Alcohol levels are more moderate than other top years, while the wines still have notable intensity. James Suckling sums it up "comparing 2019 to the great 2010 vintage but without the austerity and intensity. Some say 2019 is close to the excellent 2016 vintage but with perhaps slightly less tannin concentration." Likewise veteran consultant Michel Rolland says "The wines of 2019 compared to 2018 are a little like how 2016 was to 2015 and 2010 was to 2009”.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.