2017 Bordeaux Pre-Arrival
Much of the discussion surrounding 2017 in Bordeaux will no doubt revolve around the devastating late April frosts that devastated many properties. It was the worst seen in 25 years, and while many recorded losses of roughly 40% in yields, for some it was a terminal blow and they won't be releasing any wine from the year. But as with a lot of these weather events it was more localised than first reported, and many properties had no ill effects at all. It also highlighted the element of terroir and its importance in producing the very best wines. Some properties from the lower slopes in Saint-Emilion for example were badly hit, while others on the plateau enjoyed a stellar year.
"I can say with confidence that this is a good to very good year where some brilliant wines were made." - Jeb Dunnuck
Stylistically many are referring to the wines as being similar to 2014 but with more; more richness, more tannins, more longevity. There will no doubt be some stunning wines to come from 2017, but not all properties, and especially some with big reputations, were able to produce at the levels they are often associated with. So in 2017 we have chosen to offer wines that excelled, those that navigated the challenges of the year and produced something worth hunting down and adding to your cellars.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2020.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.