New Arrivals from Moulin Touchais

Whichever vintage you choose - several are classics - each promises an alluring amalgam of luxurious flavours, youthful freshness, texture akin to melted butter and an almost endless complexity that unfolds as the wines open up in the glass. These wines are capable of cellaring for over a century.
Sort By: View As:
1985 Moulin Touchais
$89.99 Bottle
1997 Moulin Touchais
$89.99 Bottle
2005 Moulin Touchais
$69.99 Bottle
2003 Moulin Touchais
$59.99 Bottle
1968 Moulin Touchais
$199.00 Bottle
2007 Moulin Touchais
$69.99 Bottle
1996 Moulin Touchais
Sold Out
$69.99 Bottle
1991 Moulin Touchais
Sold Out
$69.99 Bottle
1979 Moulin Touchais
Sold Out
$99.99 Bottle
9 Product(s)
On the banks of the river Layon that threads its way through the gently rolling hills of the Loire Valley exists one of the world's greatest wine estates - Moulin Touchais. Since 1787, the Moulin Touchais cellars and surrounding vineyards have essentially remained unchanged. Owned and managed by eight generations of the Touchais family, they make only one wine with a staunchly traditionalist approach - low-yields, careful harvesting and meticulous wine making, particularly during pressing and the long fermentation period.

However, the real secret behind their longevity and charming complexity results from a unique harvesting strategy. 20% of the grapes are picked around eighty days after flowering while the fruit is still under ripe and loaded with acid. The other 80% is harvested late (around one hundred & twenty days after flowering) generally yielding fruit with very high sugar levels and concentrated flavours (the wines are not influenced by Botrytis). The overall fruit/sugar/acid balance are factors ultimately determining Moulin Touchais' house style.

Whichever vintage you choose - several are classics - each promises an alluring amalgam of luxurious flavours, youthful freshness, texture akin to melted butter and an almost endless complexity that unfolds as the wines open up in the glass.