Imported Red Wines
- Cellar 5 - 6 years (2019-2020)
- ABV 13.5%
- Closure: Cork
Situated just north of Pomerol across the slight Barbanne Stream, Lalande-de-Pomerol has a history dating back almost as long as its illustrious neighbour. The best terroir of the area is the clay, gravel and sand soils of the Neac commune where Château Vieux Chevrol have their vineyard. Jean-Pierre Champseix and his family have made wine at Château Vieux Chevrol for many generations, and his fastidious attention to detail both in the vineyard and in the cellar is evident is his wines. The vineyard is planted to 80% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon.
A Great Value Bordeaux that’s very savoury, offering immediate drinking pleasure.
Opaque black dark red colour with a dark red hue. The nose is quite perfumed with violet infused blackcurrant top notes followed by a touch of liquorice, earthy cedar and spice. Medium bodied with an elegant mouthfeel the palate has good richness and features gorgeous ripe blackcurrant fruit over some cedar, light earth and spice. Very fine grained beautifully integrated tannins. Dry finish with a long blackcurrant, cedary earth and spice aftertaste.
Drink over the next 5-6 years.
Direct ImportLalande de Pomerol, Bordeaux, FRANCE$22.99 BottleMinimum 12 bottles
The 2015 Clos l'Hermitage has an expressive bouquet with dark cherries and blueberry fruit, very well defined with light oyster shell scents. The palate is well balanced with fleshy red fruit, a pleasant savory touch with a nicely structured, sappy finish that lingers in the mouth. This is a fine Lalande-de-Pomerol that should age well over several years.
Neal Martin - eRobertParker.com #224 (Apr 2016)
Conditions of Pre-Arrival Offer:
1. There is no minimum order unless stated.
2. All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
3. Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and stock availability will be subject to final confirmation.
4. The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2018.
5. Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
6. Errors and omissions excepted.
7. Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.