Imported Red Wines
89Nick's ImportMoulis en Medoc, Bordeaux, AUSTRALIA$34.99 Bottle
- Closure: Cork
The 2020 Mauvesin Barton is silky, gracious and full of charm. Sweet floral aromatics and bright red berry fruit give this midweight, understated Moulis tons of immediacy and appeal. Such a pretty wine.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Redcurrants, black raspberries, spice, and smoked tobacco all emerge from the 2020 Château Mauvesin Barton. Medium-bodied, with a supple, elegant texture, sweet tannins, and a great finish, it's one heck of an impressive Moulis that will keep for a good 10-12 years.
Melanie Barton has now been in charge at Mauvesin-Barton for 10 years, and there is a real feeling of the wine having found its voice - a gentle, fruit-forward Moulis with finesse if not a huge amount of power. Delicate with vibrancy, plenty of blackberry fruits with well-defined but soft tannins, they have really done a great job in the vintage, a value pick and I can't remember tasting a better example of this wine during en primeur. They suffered badly from frost in 2021.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.
$24.99 BottleMinimum 12 bottles
- Cellar 3 - 4 years (2019-2020)
- ABV 14%
- Closure: Stelvin
Totally opaque black dark red colour with a bright dark red hue. Ripe black cherry top notes are followed by some liquorice, dried herbs and spicy cedar. Medium bodied the palate has flavours of black cherries, black plums and liquorice infused with dried herbs and spice. Dryish finish with fresh acidity and fine grained tannins. Aftertaste of ripe black cherries, black plums, liquorice and spicy dried herbs.
Cellar 3-4 years.
Heathcote, Victoria, AUSTRALIA$39.99 Bottle
- ABV 14.6%
- Closure: Screw Cap
Pat Underwood is among the crop of young and exciting producers coming out of Australia. If you're a local Melbournian, chances are you’ve crossed paths as he was a long-time team member of one of the most respected Melbourne wine teams at City Wine Shop. Recently, Pat made the switch into production (as many sommeliers seem to be doing). In 2014, he co-founded Castlemaine’s Boomtown Winemakers Co-operative with friends Jarad Curwood and Tim Sproal, before going on and establishing his own label - Little Reddie, the following year.
The fruit for this wine is sourced from the older ‘C Block’ Nebbiolo at Willoughby Bridge which was originally planted in 1998 on slightly richer soils further down the hill in Colbinabbin. An early harvest of juice fermented over late harvested skins with 24 days maceration, 12 months in stainless steel tanks followed by a further 12 months in puncheons. Awesome stuff!