Imported Red Wines
93Direct ImportCotes de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, FRANCE$21.99 Bottle
- Closure: Cork
Really excellent with a beautiful depth of fruit and a wonderful center palate. Full-bodied, fruit-driven red yet one that's in check and balanced. Well done. Better than the 2015?
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.
88 86 93 89Direct ImportCotes de Bordeaux, Bordeaux, FRANCE$29.99 Bottle
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Puygueraud is a blend of 80% Merlot, 15% Cabernet Franc and 5% Malbec that was picked from 11-22 October. This was showing a little over-ripeness on the nose that just detracted from the delineation. The palate is chewy on the entry with plenty of black fruit, a little rustic in style with a slight attenuation towards the finish. I feel that the 2015 demonstrated more complexity last year. Let's see.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Fresh cassis and blackberry fruit races along, with a light anise accent shading the back end. Not big, but pure and tasty.-J.M.
This is really rich and powerful. Full-bodied, round and chewy. Very long and dense. It's really something. Better than the 2015. Best ever?
The 2016 Puygueraud is unusually rich and dense in this vintage. Jammy blue/purplish fruit, spice, licorice and menthol flesh out in a soft, unctuous Côtes de Bordeaux endowed with depth and texture. Opulent and inviting, with no hard edges, the 2016 will drink well right out of the gate. Small berries produced an especially rich, deep Puygueraud. In a second tasting, the tannins were a bit more evident. The 2016 is an intense, fruit-driven, ripe Puygueraud. This is a stellar wine in its class. Tasted three times.