- Nick's Import
2019 L'Aventure Cote a Cote Pre-Arrival Offer
Stephan Asseo, founder and winemaker at L’Aventure Winery, came to Paso Robles in California seeking more freedom to express his winemaking ideals than was allowed while working in Bordeaux. Falling in love with the rolling topography of the Santa Lucia Mountain Range, he felt the deep calcareous soils, and the maritime influence had the potential to craft some of the world’s greatest blends. So far he's been proven right, and his array of red blends has quickly resulted in wines which have earned high scores and critical acclaim. These are rich and deeply impressive wines from one of the most talented winemakers in America.
Another magical wine from this estate is the 2019 Côte à Côte, a blend of 34% each of Grenache and Mourvèdre, with the balance Syrah. Brought up in 29% new French oak, it boasts a dense purple color as well as incredible aromatics of blue fruits, smoked game, violets, black pepper, and spring flowers. One of those incredibly complex, nuanced wines that still brings depth and richness on the palate, it’s perfectly balanced, has ultra-fine tannins, and a gorgeous finish. It’s the finest vintage of Côte à Côte ever produced. Drink it over the coming 15+ years. Drink 2021 - 2037.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in April 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.