- Nick's Import
2018 Peter Michael Winery Au Paradis Pre-Arrival Offer
In 1982, after six years of searching for land to serve as both vineyard and family retreat, Sir Peter Michael and Lady Michael purchased 630 acres of volcanic ridges on the western face of Mount St. Helena in Knights Valley. As an avid collector of the wines from Bordeaux and Burgundy, he set out to create his vision of a mountain-grown, California Cabernet Sauvignon wine that would show authentic terroir, and rival even his favourite wines from home. In 2009 the family acquired the 26 acre Oakville Estate, featuring the acclaimed iron-rich, red-dirt soils to produce their first Napa Valley wine, ‘Au Paradis’ Estate Cabernet Sauvignon.
Gorgeous aromas of currants, blackberries, sweet tobacco and violets follow through to a full body with round, finely chewy tannins and a gorgeous finish of fruit, iodine and graphite. But always pretty fruit there. 76% cabernet sauvignon, 13% merlot and 11% cabernet franc. Better after 2024.
Coming from Oakville, the 2018 Au Paradis gives up a deep ruby/purple hue as well as full-bodied aromas and flavors of blackcurrants, green tobacco, lead pencil, sandalwood, and dried flowers. Flawlessly balanced, full-bodied, with silky yet present tannins, it's one of those elegant, seamless wines that surprise you with its richness and depth. It reminds me of a great vintage from Chateau Ducru Beaucaillou and is a brilliant, elegant, complex Cabernet that will evolve for two decades or more.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in April 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.