Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2020 Chateau Doisy-Daene (375ml) Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2020 Doisy-Daëne, pure Sémillon this year picked at 16hl/ha over three to six tries through the vineyard, presents a well-defined nose that, compared side-by-side with Doisy-Védrines, is actually quite similar in terms of the dried honey, honeysuckle, candle wax and quince aromas that unfurl from the glass. The palate is beautifully balanced with a fine bead of acidity, and such purity on the finish that it endows this Barsac with wonderful weightlessness. Magnificent.
Neal Martin - Vinous
The 2020 Doisy-Daëne is rich, creamy and wonderfully expressive. Lemon confit, marzipan, coconut, dried flowers, apricot and tangerine are some of the notes that build in the glass. All the elements meld together gracefully. Beautifully layered and sensual from to start to finish.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Grilled orange rind, lemon curd, overripe pineapple and spearmint, all coated with honey, create the perfume. The wine is sweet, lush and honeyed, but with a jolt of racy acidity, giving the white peach, yellow tropical fruit and candied orange rind length and vibrancy in the finish.
Jeff Leve - The Wine Cellar Insider
Rich and powerful, this is a seductive Barsac that has a great balance of acidity and sweetness, nothing too over the top, full of lime zest and mandarin, with tongue-licking slate on the finish. Great stuff, extremely well balanced. A yield of 16hl/ha. 10 months in barrel for ageing followed by nine months in stainless steel.
Jane Anson - Decanter
Full bottle 1,380 g. 100% Sémillon (although there is Sauvignon Blanc and Muscadelle planted in the vineyard). 16 hl/ha. Picked in three to six passes through the vineyard by experienced pickers. Cask sample. Aged for 10 months in barrel followed by nine months in tank.
Coppery gold colour. Very exuberant on the nose and with dramatic, expressive botrytised fruit on the palate. Very rich but edgy and energetic too. Firm and fresh with a floral note. A modern Barsac! Impressive to have managed this quality and this (relatively) generous yield.
Jancis Robinson MW
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2023.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.