Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES SOME AREAS MAY EXPERIENCE LONGER THAN NORMAL DELIVERY TIMES.
- Click & Collect is available (typical turnaround is 1-3 hours).
Minor label and/or packaging scuff is impossible to avoid in every instance. We request that customers have realistic expectations in this regard.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2019 L'Aventure Estate Cuvee Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Stephan Asseo, founder and winemaker at L’Aventure Winery, came to Paso Robles in California seeking more freedom to express his winemaking ideals than was allowed while working in Bordeaux. Falling in love with the rolling topography of the Santa Lucia Mountain Range, he felt the deep calcareous soils, and the maritime influence had the potential to craft some of the world’s greatest blends. So far he's been proven right, and his array of red blends has quickly resulted in wines which have earned high scores and critical acclaim. These are rich and deeply impressive wines from one of the most talented winemakers in America.
The pure currant and blackberry aromas are so bright and vivid. Very aromatic. Lots of pure fruit. It’s full-bodied with tension and focus, because the tannins are fine-grained and give form and energy to the wine. They are very long already. I think three or four years will really bring this red into its own. Blend of syrah, cabernet sauvignon and petit verdot. Try after 2024, but hard to not drink now.
Lastly, the 2019 Estate Cuvee is 50% Syrah, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, and the rest Petit Verdot, which is a classic blend for this cuvée. Not far from the style of the 2018, yet possibly slightly more approachable, it has a killer bouquet of jammy black and blue fruit as well as notes of smoked earth, crushed rock, and peppery herbs. Super-rich, full-bodied, and loaded with fruit, it nevertheless has purity, balance, and structure.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being collected and shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in April 2022.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.