Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES EXPECT INCREASED DELAYS ON ALL DELIVERIES.
- AUSTRALIA POST DELIVERIES WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER.
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Clos de l'Oratoire Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Features seamlessly layered dark currant, fig and boysenberry fruit, infused liberally with a tobacco note and backed by a long, smoldering finish. Latent energy keeps this going. An impressive young wine.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
A tangy and tight red with blackberry and black-olive character. Hint of dark chocolate. Medium to full body and firm, tight tannins. Fresh and energetic dark fruit.
The 2018 Clos de l'Oratoire is another stunning wine in Stephan von Neipperg's range. The greater presence of Cabernet Franc, along with a move towards earlier picking, no SO2 at crush and less oak influence are some of the factors that have completely transformed Clos de l'Oratoire from the powerhouse it often was to a wine of total and exquisite finesse. Inky dark fruit, lavender, sage, and mint give the 2018 striking aromatic depth, but it is the wine's total sense of harmony that impresses most. The 2018 is fabulous. That's all there is to it. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
From the stable of Stephan von Neipperg, the 2018 Clos De L'Oratoire is a ripe, sexy blend of 85% Merlot and 15% Cabernet Franc aging in 45% new oak, that offers an upfront bouquet of blueberries, violets, spice box, and incense and has notable complexity. With a medium to full-bodied mouthfeel, a seamless texture, and excellent length, it’s a classic wine from this estate, offering both opulence and elegance. It will keep for 20+ years.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.