Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- DUE TO HIGH PARCEL VOLUMES EXPECT INCREASED DELAYS ON ALL DELIVERIES.
- AUSTRALIA POST DELIVERIES WILL TAKE EVEN LONGER.
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
Click here to read our Terms & Conditions.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2018 Chateau Faugeres Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2018 Faugères, which was harvested beginning September 25, is composed of 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. Deep garnet-purple colored, it slips sensuously from the glass with notions of blackberry compote, wild blueberries and redcurrant jelly with hints of cardamom, cigar box and dusty soil plus a waft of star anise. Full-bodied and built like a brick house, it has a firm backbone of rounded tannins with bold freshness and loads of black fruit preserves layers, finishing long and spicy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate
Ripe, with crushed plum and boysenberry puree notes, yet fresh, showing good lift throughout. A swath of roasted apple wood flavors on the finish needs to get soaked up, but there's enough depth of fruit for that.
James Molesworth - Wine Spectator
The blackberry and blueberry character is impressive on the nose with some licorice and graphite. Salty. Full-bodied, tannic and velvety. Powerful finish. Chewy. Best Faugères ever?
The 2018 Faugères is fresh, lively and quite deep, with a striking interplay of floral top notes and rich, layered fruit. I sense a shift towards a more refined style. Even so, there is plenty of the depth and textural richness readers have become accustomed to. Dark red fruit, espresso, cedar and dried flowers add lovely shades of aromatic nuance as well as energy. The 2018 is beautifully rendered. The blend is 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon. Proprietor Silvio Denz and consulting winemake Michel Rolland turned out a gorgeous Faugères in 2018. My only real critique is that Faugères and the pure Péby Faugères are more closer in style than they usually are, which is remarkable as the blends are totally different! Tasted three times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
From older vines on the Saint-Émilion and Castillon border, the 2018 Château Faugères is a full-bodied, powerful, yet beautifully pure 2018 that has ample blue fruits, flowers, and earthy aromas and flavors. This wine always seems to deliver, and the 2018 is no exception. Full-bodied, rounded, and pleasure-bent, yet with elegance and purity, drink it on release and over the following 15 years or more. The blend of the 2018 is 85% Merlot, 10% Cabernet Franc, and 5% Cabernet Sauvignon, all still aging in 50% new oak. Tasted twice.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2021.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.