Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2017 Chateau Lilian Ladouys Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Originally known as La Doys, Saint-Estephe property Chateau Lilian Ladouys has 47 hectares of vineyards planted to a mix of 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot, and 5% Cabernet Franc. While the makeup of their vineyards is moving to more gravel and clay soils with recent purchases, there are still areas planted on limestone soils.
The 2017 Lilian Ladouys is deep garnet-purple colored and very plummy on the nose with hints of red and black currants, dusty soil and Marmite toast. It's soft, medium-bodied and plush with plenty of juicy fruit and good length. The blend is currently 50% Merlot, 43% Cabernet Sauvignon and 7% Petit Verdot.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate #236 (April 2018)
Lively, with a mix of red and black cherry fruit lined with lightly chalky tannins and flickers of savory and lilac. Has a touch of toast and light twinge of austerity at the very end.—J.M.
A red with very primary fruit aromas and flavors of currant and green olive undertones. Medium body, juicy and savory. Salty aftertaste.
The opulence of this wine balances the serious layers of tannins to give a wine with rich potential. Its spice and firm tannins will allow it to age. Drink from 2023.
The 2017 Lilian Ladouys was picked from 20 to 29 September and matured in 40% new oak. It has a perfumed, floral bouquet with blue and red fruit, a subtle chalkiness in the background. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannin, pinched on the mid-palate with a tightly wound, slightly austere finish. Not bad but it will need three or four years in bottle. I would like more charm to develop and indeed, when I encountered this growth towards the end of my trip, I felt that it was beginning to show more personality.
Neal Martin - Vinous
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2020.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.