Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2017 Chateau Fonplegade Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The deep garnet-purple colored 2017 Fonplegade has quite a spicy nose sporting notes of anise, cloves, fenugreek and black pepper over a core of warm black plums and blackberries plus a waft of potpourri. Medium-bodied with a rock-solid frame of grainy tannins and wonderful freshness, it features bags of vibrant black fruits and a long, spicy finish.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate #236 (April 2018)
Open-knit, with light anise, tea and cinnamon hints leading off, followed by gently mulled cherry and plum fruit. Lively acidity is embedded on the finish.—J.M.
This shows a very pretty center palate with blueberries, blackberries and white pepper. Solid tannins and structure. Long and flavorful.
The 2017 Fonplégade has a very classy bouquet with very pure blackberry and raspberry fruit, hints of cassis developing with aeration. The fruit is very well knitted with the oak. The palate is well balanced with fine tannin, crisp acidity, superb structure and delivers a really detailed and convincing finish. Bravo. This is an outstanding Saint-Émilion.
Neal Martin - Vinous
The 2017 Fonplegade is terrific. Bold, juicy and powerful, the 2017 possesses superb balance and overall harmony. There is a real sense of centeredness in this supple, exquisite Saint-Émilion. Inky dark fruit, lavender, mint, crème de cassis and spice all flesh out in this voluptuous, racy Fonplegade from Stephen and Denise Adams. The 2017 is exquisite, refined and beautiful.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
The 2017 Château Fonplegade is 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc from a beautiful terroir not far from Pavie. It showed some aggressive tannins, but I suspect they’ll soften and round out during the élevage. The color is deep purple, and it offers a terrific bouquet of cassis and currant fruits, licorice and graphite. Medium-bodied, with nicely integrated oak, a touch of minerality, and solid overall balance, it has plenty of length and oomph on the finish. I suspect 2-3 years of bottle age will be warranted and it will drink nicely for a decade or more.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2020.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.