Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2017 Chateau Fleur Cardinale Magnum (1500ml) Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Fleur Cardinale was hit very hard by the frost—nearly all the vineyards were wiped out. Potential production for 2017 is only around 1,000 magnums. The tentative blend of the 2017 Fleur Cardinale is 45% Merlot, 35% Cabernet Franc and 20% Cabernet Sauvignon. Very deep purple-black in color, it has a nose of baked blackberries, black cherries and dried mulberries with touches of underbrush, truffles and Chinese five spice. The palate is medium to full-bodied, velvety and packed with black fruits, finishing long and spicy.
Lisa Perrotti-Brown - Wine Advocate #236 (April 2018)
This has a toasty profile, featuring ganache and warm tobacco notes surrounding a core of lightly steeped plum and blackberry fruit. Shows good flesh and depth, with a graphite accent buried through the finish. A very solid version of the style.—J.M.
A fresh and bright red with plum and currant character. Medium-bodied, tight and focused. On it. Only 1,000 mags made.
The 2017 Fleur Cardinale, which was 50% affected by frost, has a flamboyant bouquet that is fortunately well defined and shows a little more composure than past vintages that I often felt were over-egged. This shows more linearity and focus. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit, supple tannin, judicious touches of white pepper and Asian spice that enliven the sustained finish whilst all the time retaining a sense of freshness and drinkability. Hopefully a prudent barrel maturation will ensure this turns into a fine Saint-Émilion.
Neal Martin - Vinous
The 2017 Fleur Cardinale is extraordinary. Sumptuous and explosive, rich, deep, head spinning endowed with magnificent intensity. A rush of red cherry, raspberry, leather and floral notes lift from the glass. Even with all of its richness, the 2017 possesses remarkable freshness and energy. Sadly, frost lowered production from 60-70,000 bottles to what will be around 1,000 magnums. Tasted two times.
Antonio Galloni - Vinous
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2020.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.