Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Rol Valentin Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Rol Valentin, owned by Nicolas and Alexandra Robin, has a very well defined bouquet with blackberry and crushed strawberry fruit, subtle tobacco and iris aromas developing in the glass. This is a more classically "trained" Rol-Valentin. The palate is medium-bodied with fine tannin, crisp acidity but it just clams up a little towards the finish where I want it to spread its wings. I'll keep my eye on this, as there is certainly good potential and it is a worthy follow-up to the 2015.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Ripe and pure, with polished edges that let the plum and cassis notes stream along unencumbered. Fresh acidity drives the finish, which is sneaky long.-J.M.
A bright and vivid red with blueberry and cherry character. Bright and lively acidity. Firm and silky tannins. Shows reserve and harmony. Could be even better than now with time.
This is a dark wine, solid in tannic structure and with great concentration. It has power that will express itself in rich fruitiness and firm tannins. This is a wine for long-term aging.
One of the standouts of the vintage, the 2016 Rol Valentin is fabulous. Rich, sumptuous and forward, with striking purity to its fruit, the 2016 shows the more opulent side of Saint-Émilion to dramatic effect. Succulent red cherry, plum, spice, chocolate, espresso, mint and rose petal race across the palate. Sumptuous and racy, but not at all heavy or overdone, the 2016 hits all the right notes. Bright floral overtones and veins of salinity add freshness throughout. This is a gorgeous and impeccably balanced wine. The 2016 was fermented in oak vat and underwent malolactic fermentation in barrel. The blend is 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon. This is a terrific effort from proprietors Alexandra and Nicolas Robon and consulting winemaker Julien Lavenu.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.