Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Le Petit Mouton de Mouton Rothschild Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Le Petit Mouton is a blend of 62% Cabernet Sauvignon, 35% Merlot and 3% Cabernet Franc; it will be matured in 45% new oak, a little lower than in previous year (it used to be 60%). It has around 13.3% alcohol. It has a clean and precise bouquet with black berry, pencil shavings, crushed violet and a touch of oyster shell. The palate is medium-bodied with supple and ripe tannin, very harmonious and blessed with a satin-like texture. It is a more understated Le Petit Mouton, but you almost miss the precision and detail, the mineralité on the linear finish. This has great potential thanks to the sheer quality of the tannins here.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This is a very powerful Petit Mouton with so much rich fruit and power. Full-bodied, tannic yet polished and long. Muscular for the second wine of Mouton.
This wine has structure and a generous fruity character from the ripeness of the Merlot in the blend. It is full in the mouth, with a smoky character on the palate and acidity coming through on the close.
The 2016 Le Petit-Mouton is exceptional. In another era in Bordeaux's history, it could undoubtedly have been a Grand Vin -- it is every bit that outstanding. The volume, depth and density here are truly remarkable. Sweet spice and floral notes develop on the finish, but it is the wine's sense of balance and poise that is most remarkable. Le Petit-Mouton is also without question one of the two or three best second wines of the vintage. Don't miss it.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.