Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Dragon de Quintus Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Le Dragon de Quintus is a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc that was picked between 3 and 20 October. I found that aromatics tightly wound and a little unresponsive when I tasted it at Haut-Brion, though I managed to coax blackcurrant and bilberry scents, a touch of pressed flowers with time. I would like to see more vigor once in bottle. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin: blackberry mingling with white pepper and cloves, nicely balanced with commendable presence on the grainy finish. Hopefully the aromatics will wake up with time in barrel and perhaps 12-18 months in bottle.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
A salty and minerally red with plums, leaves and tobacco and lots of blackberries. Medium to full body, firm and silky tannins and a crisp finish. Second wine of Quintus.
Dominated by Merlot, this is a richly perfumed, ripe and spicy wine. Soft tannins are balanced by plenty of acidity and blackberry fruit. It's full in structure, but still allows plenty of room for the fruit.
The 2016 Le Dragon de Quintus is a gorgeous second wine with the potential to develop into one of the sleepers of the vintage. The flavors are remarkably pure and precise; dark red cherry, raspberry, flowers and sweet spice give the Dragon unusual depth. A closing burst of floral and spice-infused freshness and lift makes it impossible to resist a second taste. Readers will have a hard time keeping their hands off this exemplary Saint-Émilion.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.