Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Clos Marsalette Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Clos Marsalette, the Pessac-Léognan property of Comte Stephan von Neipperg, is a blend of 45% Merlot, 53% Cabernet Sauvignon and 2% Cabernet Franc that was picked between 4-18 October and matured in 35% new oak. It has a clean and precise bouquet with blackberry and bilberry scents, a fine undercurrent of minerals. I like the elegance on display here. The palate is medium-bodied with mulberry and blackberry on the entry, a touch of black olive and quite a saline second half that is both fresh and detailed. This should drink well over the next decade. It's just a delicious wine--no more, no less.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
A bright sanguine note gives this a distinctive feel, while racy cassis and bitter cherry fruit fills in behind. Offers a long singed juniper note through the finish. A bit atypical in profile for Pessac, but the focus and energy is enjoyable.-J.M.
A wine with lots of deep fruit, round and juicy tannins and a savory finish. Very driven by the fruit for the appellation this year.
The 2016 Clos Marsalette is dark, powerful and juicy. The flavors are deep and boldly sketched in this fleshy, succulent Pessac Léognan from Stephan von Neipperg. Black cherry, plum, slate, violet and licorice infuse the creamy, resonant finish. It will be interesting to see if the 2016 develops more aromatic nuance over time. At this stage, it's all about dense, almost primary, fruit. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.