Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Clos de l'Oratoire Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Clos de l'Oratoire is a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc that was picked between 10-17 October and matured in 45% new oak. It has a fresh, perfumed and floral bouquet, with pressed rose petals infusing the red cherry and crushed strawberry fruit. There is a sense of airiness here that I like. The palate is medium-bodied with firm, slightly grainy tannin, hints of tobacco and leather complementing the black fruit with a welcome soupçon of austerity towards the masculine finish. Excellent.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Pure and unadorned, with a lovely beam of cassis and cherry compote stretching out, flecked by subtle anise, singed alder and mineral accents. Refined finish.-J.M.
Lovely silky tannins and juicy fruit. Medium body and pretty energy. Lots of walnut, crushed-stone and subtle fruit flavors. Very fine.
The 2016 Clos de l'Oratoire is terrific. Deep, dense and powerful, with more finesse in its tannins than is often the case, the 2016 boasts superb balance. Black cherry, smoke, tar, licorice and incense add to its rich, exotic personality. Plush and unusually supple, this is a real knockout. The tannins are there, but they are nearly buried by the sheer intensity of the fruit. The 2016 is shaping up to be a superb Clos de l'Oratoire. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.