Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Suduiraut (375ml) Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
One of the larger properties in Sauternes, Chateau Suduiraut totals 200 hectares with 92 hectares under vine. The grounds surrounding the Chateau are extremely impressive, created by the same designer as those of Versailles. Vineyard plantings are 90% Semillon and 10% Sauvignon Blanc, with the wine maturation completed in 50% new French oak for 18-24 months. Often on the richer end, the wines are known to age extremely well.
The 2016 De Suduiraut has a complex bouquet with rich and honeyed fruit, superb mineral tension and wonderful detail. The palate is well balanced with crisp acidity, great tension and a lovely touch of spice towards the very persistent finish. What a great Suduiraut in the making here, so full of character and complexity, and yet you still feel as if it has something up its sleeve.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This has a juicy mix of glazed peach, mango and papaya flavors, with flashes of green tea and ginger enlivening the finish. Good energy for this generally forward vintage.-J.M.
This has so much botrytis/spice character. Dried-mushroom powder as well. Full yet round and gorgeous. Exuberant softness. Very sweet and complex. Complete Sauternes.
This is a dense wine, full of rich fruit, bitter orange and apricot. Its ripe fruit is balanced by the intense botrytis while it is also freshened by the wine's acidity. This is a great wine with a long-term future.
Botrytis arrived late in 2016, so the Suduiraut was made from just the last two picks at the estate. Pineapple, passion fruit, mint, chamomile and exotic floral notes are beautifully delineated. Plush, deep and inviting to the core, the 2016 is also quite open and expressive today, all of which suggests it will drink well with minimal cellaring.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.