Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Siran Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Siran is a blend of 46% Cabernet Sauvignon, 44% Merlot, 9% Petit Verdot and 1% Cabernet Franc picked from 26 September until 20 October. The alcohol level is 13.9% with a pH of 3.61. The nose, for want of a better word, is very charming. No, not powerful nor is it flamboyant, yet the aromas are nicely focused and it has a disarming sense of purity: blackberry, bilberry and just a very faint hint of liquorice. The palate is medium-bodied with sappy black fruit, good grip in the mouth and fine purity. This is a strong follow-up to the 2015 Siran and tasting the two side by side, this is one of the very few occasions in the appellation where I think it might surpass it. Edouard Miailhe has radically improved Siran in recent years (see last year's report) and this is certainly one to watch.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Fresh cherry and bitter plum notes form the core. Shows a pretty backdrop of black tea and a racy-edged structure through the finish -J.M.
This is a great follow-up to the 2015! Full-bodied, chewy and powerful. Solid core of ripe fruit and intense tannins. A triumph... again.
This is another chateau that's on the rise. This vintage has produced a powerful wine, solid with tannins and concentration. It also has all the fruit that this year has produced. It will age well, being ready to drink in 10 years.
The 2016 Siran is a powerful, dense Margaux. Inky, super-ripe dark fruit, chocolate, mocha, dark spice and new leather are all pushed forward. Readers should expect a dense, extracted style built on textural depth and richness. There is plenty of tannic heft, but also enough fruit to balance things out. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.