Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Saint Pierre Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Chateau Saint-Pierre is a blend of 73% Cabernet Sauvignon, 21% Merlot and 6% Cabernet Franc picked between 29 September and 3 October for the Merlot and 5-17 October for the Cabernet Sauvignon. The wine is matured is 50% new oak. The Cabernet comes through strongly on the nose as you would expect: quite intense black fruit, graphite and just a touch of dried herbs. There is lovely definition and focus on display. The palate is well balanced with grainy tannin, a crisp line of acidity, classic in style in keeping with the style of the vintage with very fine mineralité and tension towards the sprightly finish. It is one of the most Pauillac-like Château Saint-Pierres that I have tasted, a very well crafted, almost understated but sophisticated wine that will age for 20 to 30 years. This is a fantastic Saint Julien that may well rest at the top of my banded score.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Beautifully done, with ample grip but a polished, fresh feel around the core of blueberry, cassis and warm plum flavors. Lovely anise and singed apple wood accents show on the finish.-J.M.
Blueberry, blackberry and fresh currant-leaf character. Full-bodied, refined, beautiful, dense and tight. Great depth. Best ever.
Ripe and fruity while also having just the right amount of structure, this is a concentrated wine. It has depth and fine, elegant acidity, and is likely to be ready from 2026.
A potential sleeper for the vintage, the 2016 Saint-Pierre (Saint-Julien) is terrific. Graphite, smoke, spice, crème de cassis and grilled herbs all show a strong Cabernet Sauvignon imprint. That carries through to the wine's structure, where the tannins are firm and incisive yet nicely integrated. Vivid and nuanced, with terrific energy as well as class, the 2016 Saint-Pierre is a winner. Today, it is bold, racy and ripe; if it softens over time, it will be even better than this note suggests. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.