Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Quintus Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Chateau Quintus, of course under the umbrella of Domaine Clarence Dillon (Haut Brion, La Mission Haut Brion), is a blend of 70% Merlot and 30% Cabernet Franc picked between 3 and 20 October. This is the highest proportion of Cabernet Franc since the debut in 2011. Matured in just under 30% new oak, it has a slightly broody bouquet at first with black fruit and hints of allspice and clove. The palate is nicely structured, with the Cabernet Franc lending this impressive backbone (more than the 2015) and a slightly masculine, grippy finish that suggests it will be a long-term proposition. Excellent.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
A tight and concentrated young Quintus with blackberry, blueberry and salt character. Medium-to full-bodied, firm and lightly chewy. Grows on the finish.
Ripe and structured, this is a concentrated wine from the Clarence Dillon group. The black currant core and bright acidity of the vintage wonderfully balance the palate concentration. It delights in its exuberant freshness, with a grounding base of tannin.
One of the real surprises of the vintage, the 2016 Quintus is superb. Creamy and ample on the palate, with striking depth to its dark, fleshy fruit, it possesses exceptional balance. All of the previous vintages have been good, but each of them has lacked something. The 2016 is the first vintage in which I can say Quintus is not missing anything. Now, what remains to be seen is how high this wine can go. The 2016 is exceptionally vivid and nuanced, with seemingly endless layers of fruit that virtually cover the tannins, and a long, sublime finish.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.