Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-2 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-4 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10 working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Poujeaux Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Poujeaux has an impressive bouquet with plenty of blackberry, briary and cigar box aromas that are very well defined. The palate is medium-bodied with grainy tannin on the entry. This is a "smoky" Poujeaux with commendable depth and structure, a little more "solid" than recent vintages with good depth on the black pepper-tinged finish. The 2015 Poujeaux was very good, but this may well surpass that and achieve the level of some of the legendary wines from yesteryear.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Supple-edged, with pretty notes of fresh earth, mulled plum and incense weaving together, showing subtle persistence on the finish.-J.M.
A red with a tight palate of dark fruit and spices plus chewy tannins. Medium body, integrated tannins already and a chewy finish. Solid.
The 2016 Poujeaux is fabulous. Rich, deep and beautifully layered, it has a level of pure intensity I don't recall seeing in the past. Succulent red/bluish fruit and silky tannins add to the wine's considerable finesse. Racy and succulent to the core, yet still very much medium in body, the 2016 delivers the goods. The blend is 65% Cabernet Sauvignon, 30% Merlot and 5% Petit Verdot. This is a terrific showing from the Cuvelier family and winemakers Stéphane Derenoncourt and Julien Lavenu. Don't miss it. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.