Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Pavie Macquin Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Pavie-Macquin is a blend of 82% Merlot, 16% Cabernet Franc and 2% Cabernet Sauvignon matured in 50% new oak, picked from 7 October (with the young Merlot vines) until 22 October. The pH is 3.35 and it has 14.4% alcohol. I appreciate the intensity of this Pavie-Macquin. This is no shy retiring flower but comes out with cylinders pumping while maintaining the delineation, the detail that you look for. The palate is smooth and sensual on the entry, velvety in texture with plenty of luscious red berry fruit, vanilla and a hint of blueberry. It glides across the palate, the new oak neatly integrated. This is easily my pick of Nicolas Thienpont's 2016s and one of the best Pavie-Macquins that I have tasted at this stage.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Juicy and alluring, with dark fig, cherry and currant fruit that has melded together, while lively minerality and anise notes course underneath. The long, refined finish has a gorgeous yin-yang between cashmere and chalky threads.-J.M.
This is a really fantastic PM! The licorice, fresh mushroom, sous bois and stone character is so exciting. It's full and very layered with exceptional depth and length. Compressed and focused. Pure silk.
Fragrant, perfumed and juicy, this is already an attractive wine, though one that has the stuffing to cellar well for many years. The structure is striking and solidly firm. It will be an elegant wine with opulent tendencies.
A wine of total finesse, the 2016 Pavie Macquin is also one of the most riveting wines of the vintage. Silky and supple on the palate, with no hard edges and exceptional balance, it takes over all the senses and never lets up. The flavors are bright, precise and beautifully nuanced. Above all else, Pavie Macquin is a wine of elegance, and that is exactly what comes through in the 2016. The wine plays in the dimensions of bright, floral-infused, red-toned fruits, silky tannins and length more than pure power or breadth. The 2016 is a stunningly beautiful bottle of wine and one of the finest reds of the year - it's as simple as that. In 2016, Nicolas Thienpont opted for long macerations of around four weeks in a combination of cement and oak. Tasted three times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.