Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Pavie Decesse Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Pavie-Decesse is a blend of 90% Merlot and 10% Cabernet Franc cropped at just 26 hectoliters per hectare and delivers 14.63% alcohol with a pH of 3.43. It was picked on 12 October and will be matured in 100% new oak. It has a very flamboyant nose for the vintage, eschewing the classicism you might find elsewhere in Saint Emilion with luscious macerated black cherries, blueberry and vanilla pod aromas, a hint of iodine developing in the glass. The palate is full-bodied with succulent, juicy ripe blue and black fruit, the acidity maintaining the freshness and with an almost viscous finish due to the concentration. It is atypical for the vintage, hedonistic and creamy in texture. Go for this if you seek fruit and concentration in 2016.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Vibrant raspberry, boysenberry and plum notes stream along, flecked with anise and floral notes and carried by a wonderfully racy and well-embedded chalky spine. Fruit-driven, but grounded in terroir.-J.M.
This has beautiful presence and finesse with lovely fruit, mineral and light walnut character. Center palate is gorgeous. Long and refined. Perhaps better than the superb 2015.
This wine, from vineyards up the hill from Château Pavie, is perfumed with a higher proportion of Cabernets than in previous vintages. It is rich and structured, but also juicy. The tannins are spicy while the black currant fruit is crisp and refreshing.
The 2016 Pavie-Decesse is sumptuous, succulent and beautifully resonant on the palate. Plum, lavender, spice and licorice are all nicely pushed forward. Time in the glass lets the flavors gain in both brightness and focus. Round, supple and textured, the 2016 possesses exceptional balance. Silky tannins and creamy, voluptuous fruit add to the wine's appeal.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.