Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Nenin Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Nenin is a blend of 75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc picked from 18 September until 8 October at 37 hectoliters per hectare. For the first time, the Grand Vin includes the new selection of Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon from sections on the plateau that were replanted in 1999 and 2000 (last year, the 2015 included only part of the Cabernet Franc and Cabernet Sauvignon). It has a lifted and generous bouquet with raspberry, wild strawberry and violet aromas, just a hint of clove emerging with time in the glass. The palate is medium-bodied with supple tannin that I feel are finer than I have encountered before at this property. There is a lovely savory/bell pepper note originating from the Cabernet Franc and there is very good depth and persistence on the finish. Whilst this Nenin does not possess the detail and precision of the finest Pomerol growths in 2016, it is certainly a very strong follow-up to the 2015 and suggests that there is better to come.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This is enticing, with a raspberry ganache edge around the core of bright plum and blackberry fruit. Light anise hint through the finish, which is silky in feel but keeps good energy.-J.M.
A linear and dense wine that sneaks up on you with fantastic depth of fruit and structure. Full and racy. Shows finesse and muscle. Better than 2015?
Made by the winemaking team of Léoville las Cases in Saint-Julien, this is a densely structured wine, rich in generous fruit while also having balanced acidity. Drink after 2027.
The 2016 Nenin offers quite a bit of depth and power. Dark cherry, plum, tobacco, violet and menthol give the wine its shape and overall feel. Although the fruit is quite intense and forward, there is an attractive underpinning of tannin as well. The malolactic fermentation was done in equal parts barrique and stainless steel. In 2016 the blend is 75% Merlot and 25% Cabernet Franc.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.