Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 3-4 working days
- Sydney 4-5 working days
- Brisbane 4-6 working days
- Adelaide 4-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Monbousquet Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
The 2016 Monbousquet is a blend of 60% Merlot, 30% Cabernet Franc and 10% Cabernet Sauvignon cropped at 38 hectoliters per hectare at 14.46% alcohol. It was picked between 6-11 October and matured in 70% new oak, the remainder one-year-old barrels. It offers an opulent but well defined bouquet of black cherries, violets and fresh fig, a little tight initially but soon unfolding in the glass. The palate is quite rich and generous on the opening with layers of blackberry and raspberry laced with graphite and a pinch of cracked black pepper. It tapers in a little towards the finish, completing a bold and assertive Monbousquet that is likely to require four or five years in bottle in order to soften those tannins. Interestingly, the sample tasted at Pavie was a little more flamboyant than the more classically styled one that I tasted elsewhere and preferred.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
This is packed with fig, boysenberry and raspberry fruit flavors that keep cascading over one another while enticing anise and plum cake notes fill in throughout. Gorgeous mouthfeel, with a creamy, rounded edge, yet never giving up a generally racy and focused feel.-J.M.
This is very layered and firm with beautiful tannins and richness. Full-bodied, tight and spicy with lovely depth. Refined and pretty.
The home of Pavie owner Gerard Perse is on the Saint-Emilion plain, classified as a Grand Cru Classé in a recent re-classification of Saint-Emilion estates. This wine is richly concentrated, powered by both fruit and tannins in equal quantities. It should age well over the long term.
Black cherry, plum, bittersweet chocolate, espresso and spice infuse the 2016 Monbousquet. Many of the wines in the Perse stable are made in a less extracted style than in the past. Monbousquet appears to be the exception. This is an especially pushed, voluptuous style.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.