Spend $200 & get free delivery to most of Australia
Click here for all Australian freight rates
- Melbourne 1-3 working days
- Sydney 2-3 working days
- Brisbane 3-5 working days
- Adelaide 3-5 working days
- Perth 5-10+ working days
For express service, call 1800 069 295 for a quote.
International deliveries click here We cannot ship to all countries.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
2016 Chateau Lilian Ladouys Pre-Arrival Offer
Subscribe to stock alerts
Please enter your email address to receive stock alerts for this product:
- Closure: Cork
Originally known as La Doys, Saint-Estephe property Chateau Lilian Ladouys has 47 hectares of vineyards planted to a mix of 58% Cabernet Sauvignon, 37% Merlot, and 5% Cabernet Franc. While the makeup of their vineyards is moving to more gravel and clay soils with recent purchases, there are still areas planted on limestone soils.
The 2016 Lilian Ladouys is a blend of 32% Cabernet Sauvignon, 62% Merlot and 6% Petit Verdot picked between 3-17 October and matured in 30% new oak. It has a tightly wound bouquet with blackberry, wild hedgerow and graphite, plenty of fruit here with excellent delineation. The palate is medium-bodied with ebullient red berry fruit laced with white pepper and bay leaf, a touch of brown spice towards the generous finish. Very fine...this is a step up from the 2015.
Neal Martin eRobertParker.com #230 (Apr 2017)
Juicy, with a lively streak of anise running through the middle of the plum and bitter cherry core. The finish has solid, fresh grip.-J.M.
Firm and silky with a lovely depth of fruit and polished tannins. Some cedar and berry. Full and dense. Excellent length. Energetic acidity at end. Yes. Better than the super 2014. Best ever
The 2016 Lilian Ladouys is wonderfully expressive in this vintage. Lifted, savory aromatics and pliant fruit are some of the signatures, but it is the wine's sublime balance and sense of proportion that stand out most. Silky tannins add to the midweight, gracious feel. This is a strong showing. Lilian Ladouys is a rare Saint-Estèphe where Merlot takes precedence over Cabernet Sauvignon. Tasted two times.
Conditions of Pre Arrival Offer:
- There is no minimum order unless stated.
- All wines are 750ml unless indicated otherwise.
- Once received, all orders will be confirmed with suppliers and then an invoice issued - payment will be due on receipt of this invoice.
- The wines are being shipped in refrigerated containers and are due to arrive in late 2019.
- Nicks Wine Merchants reserve the right to pass on any changes in Government duties and taxes and delivery charges from the date of order to the date of final delivery of the wine.
- Errors and omissions excepted.
- Delivery charges may apply - these can be determined by visiting the Freight Rates page.